Hi, I’m Helena – I create clean, stylish, functional websites…
…for solo business owners, authors, and community organisations.
If you are:
- Starting a new business that needs a new website,
- a solo business owner with a website that was created in an old website builder too many years ago and has seen better days,
- a not-for-profit organisation needing a new website to showcase their community activities,
then this is the website solution that will allow you to get started quickly and professionally.
Let’s be honest …
Whether we like it or not, in the online world, many people “judge a book by its cover”.
Meaning, if you have a website that looks a little “home-made”, doesn’t work well on the smaller screen of a smart phone, or comes up with a warning message from Google saying “this website is not secure”, you’re not making friends and influencing your future customers in a positive way.
And if you’re still relying on Facebook or Instagram as the main place people come to do business with you, then you definitely need your own website.
You deserve a professional & beautiful website for your business
Your website isn’t just an online brochure – it can be a valuable business asset.
To become an asset for your business, your website needs to look professional and have the functionality you need to run your business in an effort-less way.
Your website also needs to be
- fast loading (no-one likes a slow website),
- mobile responsive (so it looks good and works well on a smartphone without needing a magnifying glass to read it), and
- secure (to avoid hackers and to allow your clients to feel at ease when purchasing services from your website).
Ultimately, simplicity is my goal for your website
Of course you can find websites that have lots of bells and whistles – slide ins, fade outs, fancy little bits and pieces. But all of these “extras” slow down your website and increase the likelihood of conflicts and things breaking. And that’s no fun for you or me.
Instead, I aim for simple, stylish and functional.
So, if you’d rather be running your business or helping your community … I’ve created The Essentials Website just for you.
If you’re looking for a professional, streamlined, affordable website, the Essentials website is for you.
It’s designed to get your website created in 2-3 months after we receive your content – logo, style guide, copy for pages and blog posts) so you can keep focussed on doing what you love to do and leave the website creating to me.
(You might wonder why it takes 2-3 months? Creativity can’t be forced. I like to have time to think about your website, the individual pages, to try things out then sleep on it then publish, or scrap the idea doesn’t work and start again.)
Is this you?
- Making websites is not your forte – you’ve done the best you can and your site looks okay, but you apologise (& cringe a little) when someone asks where to find you online,
- You want to boost the look and functionality of your website but you’re not ready to spend $10,000+ for full custom design and development,
- You’re ready to hand over the website creation reigns to a professional but still want to be able to add content to your website when you need to,
- You’ve got all the components you need plus some inspiration sites and you’re ready to go!
What you’ll receive
- A fresh, new, professional, WordPress website where your potential customers can read about you, discover what you do, sign up for your mailing list, hire you or simply get in touch.
- A website that will look great on a laptop, tablet and smartphone.
- The ability to add new blog posts or edit existing content.
Add-ons: Depending on your starting point and what you have and don’t have in place currently, there may be additional services needed. We can discuss this after I receive your application form.
The Essentials Website investment:
from $5400 AUD (+GST if you’re in Australia)
approximately $3600 USD
Fill in your details on the form below.
When you fill in the form, there is no obligation for you to take up this service and you’re not paying any money right now. It’s an opportunity for me to see if this service is right for what you need and to answer any additional questions you may have.
***Once you submit your form, you’ll hear back from me within a week ***
Why would you want to work with me?
I’ve been creating websites since 2007.
My journey started in 2005, searching the internet for help to modify a cheap template so I could build a site for my coaching business. I taught myself html and css (with help from my husband and the internet) and learnt to code websites from scratch, even embedding Blogger into static websites.
In early 2007 a friend asked for a website he could update himself. My search led me to discovering the term “content management system” and this led me to finding WordPress and StudioPress themes (originally Revolution themes) and I’ve used both to create websites until 2018 when the WordPress ecosystem started changing with the introduction of Gutenberg and the Block Editor to WordPress.
Since 2018 I’ve still kept my hand in a few websites for clients, switching over to using blocks and in 2022 I returned to creating full websites again.
Over the last 16 years creating websites, my focus has always been on creating high quality websites – beautiful, streamlined and minimalist, incorporating the essential functionality (I’ve weeded out the good from the bad, and now I use only the best quality tools to create your website – specifically WordPress and some new themes created with the block editor in mind and a few select, premium plugins) and I make sure everything is configured and working on your site as if it were my own.
My attention to detail borders on obsessive and I’m passionate about you having a beautiful and functional website that will allow you to grow your blog or business to match your vision.
(click on any image to visit the live website)
A selection of our recent projects